Monday, April 21, 2014

A to Z April - R: Romance





Now, I'm not what you'd call someone who picks up books just because they are romance.  But, I do like a romance within a story.  I just need there to be more than just a romance.  I read YA mostly these days, but I have read more adult romances in the past.  I preferred the "chick lit" as I called them.  They needed to kind of be funny, and as I am still single, I just couldn't really relate to people who were divorced when I was reading books that were straight romance, so that determined my choices.  I'll list 5 of my favorite romances below.


1.

Jane Green is a good romance, chick lit, author.  At least I enjoyed hers until they kind of strayed into that married person story that I just couldn't get into.

2.
 
This is an author that I haven't read any of her teen books, but do love her "chick lit" books like the one pictured above.

3.

Stacey Ballis is another author that I loved her chick lit books.

4.
 
Another fun chick lit author is Valerie Frankel.

5.

And finally, one more fun author is Whitney Lyles.

I could give you many more, but I'm trying to keep my posts quick and easy to read.  Do you read romance?  Have you read any of these authors?  Who is your favorite author, or type of romance?